Well, since that fateful flier evening the plans for the Nepal trip have solidified and now preparations are in full swing:
Our benevolent friend P. decided, that Peter’s and my idea, to visit Chitwan National Park and go on a Rhino and Tiger safari – on Elephant backs, is just splendid and so the trip will commence as follows:
We will fly from New York to London, England, stay over night in the Hotel Dorchester
in the evening however, we will go out to see a Shakespeare play: “Much ado about nothing” with- among others, Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones
Next day it goes via Virgin Air to Delhi and on to Kathmandu.
We will stay over night in the Dwarikas heritage Hotel http://dwarikas.com/
Next morning (early) take a private sightseeing flight to Mt Everest and then on to Chitwan National Park. There we will be at the Tigerland Safari resort for our jungle excursions on Elephant backs, hopefully seeing Rhinos, maaaany Birds and maybe ifffff lucky, a Tiger.
In the evening we will have to bath = swim with the Elephants, before being allowed for dinner….;)
Next will be the road trip back over the foothills of the Himalayas to Kathmandu and checking in at Vajra Hotel, where for the next 10 days local shaman and teacher Bhola Banstola will give teachings and….
This is the schedule I have so far from Evelyn Rysdic, the state-side tour organizer of the shamanic teaching workshops:
Daily Breakfast at 8!
Classes and traveling start at different times each day. Bhola will give notice ahead for each day.
Daily travel times differ based on availability of the other shamans. All we can know for sure is:
• Arrival in Kathmandu and check in hotel Vajra, dinner and overnight
• After breakfast visit the statue of Lord Vishnu reclining in the cosmic ocean.
From 10:30 AM to 6:00PM shamanic classes with Bhola
with a lunch break. Overnight in hotel
• All morning shamanic classes with Bhola, lunch and afternoon visit Kathmandu Durbar Square (Temples, monuments dedicated to different divinities.
Dinner and overnight.
• All morning classes with Bhola.
After lunch drive to Patan, visit the historical and religious monuments and continue to Bhaktapur.
• After breakfast visit the healing and get individual healings and shamanic consultations.
Visit Bhaktapur in the afternoon.
• Visit the healer in the morning and drive to Changunarayan temple on the hilltop.
Back to Bhaktapur and preparation for next day’s trip to Pokhara.
• Fly to Pokhara. Overnight in hotel Temple Tree
After breakfast drive to the Tibetan Refugee Camp to participate in the shamanic rituals and healings.
Back to the hotel and in the afternoon visit the temple at the centre of the Fewa Lake by boat.
Overnight in the hotel.
• After breakfast dive to the refugee camp for consultations and healing sessions.
In the afternoon visit the stupa of peace on the mountain top or free time to walk by the lakeside.
Overnight in hotel.
• After breakfast by private vehicle drive back to Kathmandu.
Dinner and overnight in the hotel Vajra.
• After breakfast drive to the temple of Pashupatinath (Lord of Animals) by sacred Bagmati river, the guardian deity of Nepal.
It is also a place of cremations.
. Visit the Nepalese lady shaman Aama Bombo at her home.
. Drive to Boudhanath Stupa, one of the biggest of its type in the world. Lunch under the benevolent eyes of Buddha and visit the stupa and monasteries.
This area is also called the ‘Little Tibet’.
Back to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
• After breakfast drive to the airport for onward journeys.
Sadly we will have to fly home, as we as well as our friend P. have appointments that an not be moved.
Peter and me would have loooooved to stay for another week – go on a birding tour, visit the Rimpoche of one of my students and just – be…..
We will return to London, stay at the hotel Mandarin Oriental
and then fly back to Toronto, Canada the next day.
Until our departure, there is just a little over a month and we are knee deep in preparations 🙂
– and vaccinations 😦